Welcome to the Builders' TimeBank!
Getting Started with the Builders' TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile. It's ideal if you use your full name with proper spacing and punctuation as your user name. You'll see why as soon as people start trying to exchange hours with you and aren't able to find you!
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account. Often the service provider records the exchange because they're motivated to get the hours into their account. Only one member needs to create the record and it's best to discuss who will do this as you finish your exchange.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle of support continues.